Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Burrito

Today is Burrito's 3rd Birthday!
I am in awe at al he has accomplished and overcome in 3 years! Its funny how 3 years in the life of an adult seems like a blink yet 3 years in the life of a child seems so looong.
Burrito first came to visit us in respite care as a 4 month old tiny little babe. He had a rough start and was in serious trouble. He had been hospitalized for failure to thrive and was not doing well. I can tell you where I was and every little detail about the first moment I held him, the first moment I laid eyes on him. In that first moment standing in the kitchen of the other home God whispered across my heart "he will be your son" and I knew a journey had begun. It has been a long journey many ups and downs. God was faithful to His promise that day even during the times we thought he would be going to another family the peace and comfort of that promise filled my heart.
He has had to struggle through a lot of things related to his failure to thrive beginning but he has made amazing progress. I can hardly believe that he will be starting preschool in a couple weeks.
Today I celebrate Zephan....his silly, smart, singing, dancing, talking, onry, naughty, sweet, cuddly self. I love him and am so grateful that God trusted me to be his mommy!
(I will post pictures later along with his pillow pet story...)

No comments: