Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yesterday was Elijah's birthday. We began the day with bitter cold and a flurry or two. Nine years ago when he was born we had a blizzard. It is hard to believe he is NINE years old already! My heart stopped for a moment today when I answered the phone and on the other end a sweet tiny little voice said..."Hi, this is ----- is Elijah home?" It was a little girl from his class at school and they talked and laughed and giggled on the phone for a good half an hour. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!
We have had a busy week of conferences for all the monsters...I love our teachers at our elementary school. They are the best of the best!!!
Tomorrow night is FPNO #2. I am looking forward to a night filled with fun and giggles and games. I will update this weekend.
Tonight we let Maditude go to a friends house for the night....dangling a carrot to encourage her to make different choices. Do you think it will work? Or bite me in the ----??? We will have to wait and see.
CASA is moving along...
This may sound crazy...but I have been deeply desiring to go back to school lately. I know. I already have so much on my plate....but I really would LOVE to go back to school and become somebody....maybe when I grow up...
I have a dumb camera that will not allow me to take photos no matter what I try...I am bummed cuz I have missed so many great photo ops!
I am so tired right now my eyes are beginning to cross. So.....good night for now and I will be back soon!

1 comment:

SS said...

Just a note on what you said about being or becoming "a somebody."

Having a love for learning is great and fulfilling that desire is awesome, but it shouldn't just be about wanting to be a somebody.

Angela, whether you know it or not, you are a somebody to tons of people and children everyday. Your a somebody to the families who participate in Dropz of Hope, the kids in childrens church and the teens who have gone through it, to the missionates, to your family, friends, co-workers, and church community. Whether we tell you it, which we should tell you more often, you mean the world to us and are a shining light to everyone you meet. No degree is ever going to make you worth more than you allow yourself to be. Sometimes in order to be a "somebody" who makes a great impact on this earth, you have to be invisible.

Thank you for all your hard work and effort you put in to help others.

Just my thoughts...have a great day!