Thursday, April 24, 2008

Its been way too long.....

Where do I begin?
So much has been happening in our little corner of the universe.
Dominique has been officially accepted to Grand View College. Yeah Dominique! So far he has been awarded a scholarship for $6,500 for his academic achievement. Yeah! The award letter is being prepared by the financial aid office now, so pray he receives more scholarship money. He has decided to live on campus. Another Yeah! I am so very proud of him. He is going on a long awaited journey today. Please pray for him. He is traveling to Georgia to visit his bio-dad for the first time EVER. Pray for me too, I am a nervous wreck! But also believe he needs to take this journey....
His graduation date is May 17th. At First Federated Church in Des Moines. His party is on May 23, 2008 from 5-8pm and it is at Lions Park in Altoona, Iowa. I am excited for him and the opportunities that lie before him....I am so sad my boy is leaving home and going out into the world, something I am not ready for....
Madison has been struggling A LOT lately.....
We are preparing to leave for another trip to MN for Isaiah. He is really praying hard that we can continue waiting for surgery, he is looking forward to golf lessons again this summer and does not want to miss any. We leave Monday may 5 and return sometime May 7 at night.
Elijah is 3 games into baseball season and loving it more than last season. They are a great team this year. All the boys get along really well together and we have 3 really great coaches.
Amaris is doing well, she has been struggling with memories of her life before she came to be part of our family. These memories are hard on her but we are working hard to help her through.
Sam is.....well, lets just say not much has changed in his world. I am hoping Kindergarten will help in the fall....if your opinion is different than that....please don't share, I would like to keep my dream as long as possible. I just hope Mr. Nelson (our principal) still likes us after next year.
We still have our little visitor...he arrived in our home Jan. 31. He is thriving and growing every day! What a blessing he has been to our family!
In June, Dominique and I have the privilege of traveling to NJ to attend the wedding of a very dear old friend of mine. I am super excited to go. Not only will I see my friends who were like a second family to me, BUT the bride has chosen to have an authentic African wedding, and all guests are asked to wear African attire. Scott and I decided that traveling from Iowa to NJ with 7 children is not the best idea. So, Dominique and I will go it alone this time. Thanks for dropping in to check out our happenings.

2 comments:

Truders said...

Wish we could be a part of Dom's grad party. I'm praying for you as he leaves the nest and ventures on his own. I can't imagine....
Love and miss you!

Chef Stinson Family said...

Angela, I lurk on your blog from time to time. I am SO excited that Dominique is coming to Grand View. I work here in the Student Life office and deal with students directly on a day to day basis. The residence life office is also out of my area. I will be SO excited to see Dominique on campus this fall!! Hopefully you will stop by and say hi too. What Registration day is he going to? I will make sure I find you and say hi!!

~Adrian (Bush) Stinson