Saturday, December 1, 2007

Who puts plastic zippers in kids winter coats???

So a couple weeks ago the weather around here turned cold, I dragged out all the winter coats, snow pants, boots, etc. Handed down the ones that could be handed down and took inventory of what needed to be purchased for those with out. I was blessed to find a great winter coat for Sam at Abby's Attic, my friends consignment shop. Then off we went to Target to look for one for Isaiah. Scott told me I could spend no more than $20. We found one that was really warm and even reversible. I had to call and ask permission to spend $29.00 he said yes and off we went. Now you must understand, I am frugal with my purchases and checked this coat over and over to be sure it was a great buy, especially when I was going over budget.
FAST FORWARD:
we had the first snow of the season just before Thanksgiving and the kids could not wait to play outdoors. They had a blast, snow angels, snowmen, even a fort were built in our yard. The kids came in as human ice cycles. We had hot chocolate with marshmallows. I threw all the snow clothes in the dryer. Isn't that what everyone does? Ever since Dominique was old enough to play in the snow I have always thrown their snow clothes in the dryer.
The next day when we were getting ready to leave to go somewhere, Isaiah could not get his zipper to work, upon further investigating I discovered the stinking zipper was PLASTIC! So, it melted in the dryer. ARGH!! Who does that? My brother jokingly asked if the coat was made in China, guess what? It was. Not that that really has anything to do with the fact that it was a dumb idea.
My poor mother spent close to 8 hours trying to fix the coat because buying another new one is not in our budget. After making a run into the sewing store, then breaking the machine and running into the Singer store, and breaking another needle. She told us she was sorry she couldn't fix it. As we were heading into town last night to take advantage of a 60%off sale. She called and said she finally fixed it. YEAH MOM! And Thank you so much!
But I still want to know....WHO PUTS PLASTIC ZIPPERS IN A KIDS WINTER COAT??

No comments: