Saturday, December 8, 2007

Oh Sam!

This story happened about a week and half ago but I just have to share.
Sam still has not earned his toys back in his room. He will do good and earn one or two back then within a couple hours, and lets be honest, sometimes a couple minutes, POOF gone again!
So, one morning he was having a particularly difficult time obeying and staying out of trouble. He was on his last chance before he would be carted off to the corner. When he threw himself in the middle of the floor and started sobbing. He threw his head back and his hands up in the air high above his head he cries out. "Why don't you just make me behave???" Sob...sniff...Sob
I must admit this made me giggle a little. But I did a great job hiding my amusement. I told him "I am doing everything I can think of to help you behave buddy."
According to Uncle Cowboy, I must have interrupted a conversation between Sam and God and he was actually pleading with God and NOT me. Because nothing has changed. I must have interfered before the divine intervention could happen. I am not sure who he was talking to that morning, but, I do know that there are many times during the course of the day that I feel like doing the exact same thing....SOB SNIFF SNOB....."Why don't you just do something???"

2 comments:

Truders said...

OH, my friend, how I can relate. I sob...sniff..sob along with you!

Lori Eilers said...

Poor Sam-O. At least he is crying out to someone! Bless his heart and yours.