Friday, September 27, 2013

florida 2013

I now understand why people go on sabbaticals. Our vacation recently to Florida was EXACTLY what all of us needed but seemed not quite long enough. In my dreams we would have gone from Disney to the beach and stayed another 10 days in a beach house relaxing connecting and rejuvenating. ah the thought of that makes me dizzy with envy of the people who are able to afford such luxuries.
I had no idea just how much stress I carry around with me day to day until I was away from here. Away from the daily routines that make my life flow. Even in the hustle of the excitement of Disney I felt more relaxed than I have in years. It was good for all of us to go. It was hard of each of us to come back home to reality. I suppose this is true for anyone who experiences an amazing vacation. Seriously, it was amazing. HOT humid crowded and at times the kids were cranky but over all. AMAZING .
I was scanning through all of our pictures from our trip trying to decide which ones I should post when I got to the end of our photos this was the last picture I took. As we were leaving the Disney resort a skywriter was writing a message. we all watched in expectation trying to figure out what each letter would be and eager to see the final message....I think this sums up our trip. The fact that we were able to go, we had no travel emergencies, no horrific stories to tell (other than the one time we lost Burrito in Magic Kingdom.) the fact that we traveled with 11 people in a van from iowa to florida and back and everyone still loves each other in fact everyone is MORE bonded to each other than before....I think this photo says it all. If not for God none of this would have been so amazingly possible. Thanks God. I love you too!

No comments: