Thursday, August 30, 2012

fostercare and adoption

There are many people who do not understand why we foster and adopt. I really dont expect them to. What do I expect?
I expect people to respect our choices, our ability to make decisions that are best for our family. I expect the same respect I give to them and their family choices. If you choose to have no children 1 child or more, it makes no difference to me. What makes a difference to me is whether or not you provide a loving nurturing environment in which the child(ren) can grow to be amazing adults who love and care for those around them.
I often wonder why people feel they have the right to judge us. Every time we get a new child in our home whether it be for foster or adoption. Why do others feel they have the right to determine when enough is enough?
As a family, we pray together, we seek Gods direction purpose and plan. We NEVER make a decision that is not directed by HIM when it comes to children entering our home.
For very child that we do bring into our home there are several we do not.
You may look at our life and think that we are overwhelmed overloaded or maybe even crazy. But this life works for us. We love having a large family. Ask any one of our children and they will all tell you they have just as much ability to offer an opinion as we do. If any one of our children has worries concerns or is unsure we absolutely do not go forward. After all they are already ours their needs must come first.
We do not ask others to pay our bills. we are not in debt. We do not pass the care of our brood off to friends neighbors or family. When and if we ask you to provide for our children that is when you earn the right to pass judgement on us. Instead I ask. Pray for us. Pray for our children.
God has called each of us to do certain things in life, God has given each of us special gifts that He expects us to use to bring honor to Him. I believe God has called me to be a foster/adoptive mother. I believe He has called me to serve families who are also on this journey. I am working every day to fulfill all He has asked of me. Instead of looking at me in a disapproving way, or scrutinizing my children and family. Remember that You are working just as hard to fulfill all that God has called you to do. That means we are really more alike than different.

No comments: