Wednesday, June 20, 2012

heart to heart with my oldest

Last night I enjoyed a rare heart to heart with Dominique.
We talked about everything from his childhood to his dreams and everything in between.
We talked about his sister. I am so very proud of the man he has become. He is solid in who he is and what he believes. I never have to worry about him being led down a crazy dangerous path. He is strong courageous loving compassionate a hard worker loyal to his friends and family.
at the end of our talk he said something that melted my heart.
He said mom you did a good job raising me. I know you don't agree with all my life choices but I am what I am because of you. I would not change anything.
I needed to hear that. I am so critical of myself as a mom. I take on the failures of my children as my own and that is not always a good thing. I know I am not perfect, I have made mistakes along the way. But to hear my son say those words was like a big hug wrapping around me!