Tuesday, June 5, 2012

box full of memories

it was Dominique's birthday. about half way through my morning, my lap was filled with paper work and a crying baby when my phone rang. It was the birthday boy! He wanted to know if I still have the photo from his ninja turtle 3rd birthday. I told him I was sure it is packed away with his graduation stuff and would look.
Little did I know i would be swallowed up whole by a box filled with photos and memories.
I had fun sending him photos he did NOT ask for. then finally sent the treasured photo. That may have been his favorite birthday photo. but it was my favorite of all his birthdays, because it was the last birthday spent with my dad.
in the background of every single birthday photo you can see dad beaming with pride from his hospital bed.
many more memories were released when i opened that box.
some days its nice to sit and sift through old memories.
thank you for giving me a gift on your birthday, Son. I love you!

No comments: