Monday, April 30, 2012

I started a new devotional today. It started by asking a couple questions. I have pondered these questions off and on through out the afternoon and evening.
Evaluate where you are at right now: financially, personally, spiritually and in relationships.
Today was a particularly difficult day. I had a lot of heavy things on my heart. So self evaluation was not happening. Then it has nagged me...all day.
financially. we are stable. not wealthy but not poor. our children have what they need and we are able to feel a little less stress about finances.
personally. I have daily battles with in my own heart and head. I have contiuous dialogue running between angela of the past and angela in the present. I struggle with who I am in this world and whether I am doing all God asked me to do.
spiritually. I am ashamed to admit that this is not my strongest spiritual season. I have found I have more questions now than ever. I find myself arguing within my head. I need to work on this area.  There are so many things that happen that I just dont understand and I think my spiritual attitude has taken a beating.
relationships. Some are stronger than ever. some have been neglected and are showing signs of that neglect. some I have had to let go. Letting go acn be bnothfreeing and devestating depending on the situation. I got to thinking. Would I want to befriend myself if I met me on the street, i the grocery store, at the library or park, in the foyer at church? This vision challenged me to work harder at how I present myself as I walk through my day. I often find myself lost in the thoughts of my mind and situation of my life. So lost that I miss people situations and things I know I am supposed to see touch and experience.
I aime to make a better effort to present in every moment of every situation I find myself in. Believing God will use those places and times to touch my heart and touch the heart of others.

No comments: