Tuesday, May 18, 2010

journey north to minnesota

It is hard to believe it is that time again! Isaiah and I left today after lunch for testing and doctors appointments at Shriners and Childrens hospitals. The trip was nice we had good weather.
I don't think the anxiety that fills my being will ever get easier or go away. I never know each time if this will be the time for our nextround of surgery. On one hand I wish they would do the surgeries now so Isaiah can move on and learn how to live and function in the world in what ever condition he comes out....on the other hand I want to wait and wait and wait. The thing is that surgery has an element of long term security attached to it. His spine would then be surgically stable and I would have far less toworry about. But with surgery come many risks mainly paralysis. I guess the bottom line is I have anxiety yet still trust that God has this all planned out and Isaiahs future lies right there in the Hand of my Father....
Upon arriving in the Twin Cities my cell phone rang. It was our neuro surgeon. She is by far the absolute best in the entire world!! She knows how far we travel and she knows how difficult the test are for Isaiah and the time leading up to the testing is never easy either. ANYWAY....she was called out of town unexpectedly on a family emergency and was preparing to board a plane when she phoned. We decided together to post pone Isaiahs testing until she returns. We will still see our Orthopedic surgeon and have all those tests done on Wednesday. He will then report to Neuro doc and then decide at what time to reschedule our trip. Isaiah was so excited not to have to be at the hospital at 6 am and he was also now able to eat breakfast! It wasa long way to travel but well worth it to know the doctors care so much for Isaiah that they would call while boarding a plane just to make sure he is OK!
With a free day ahead of us we planned a day at Fort Snelling only to find out that they do not open until May 29 for the season. We were both very disappointed! A trip to the Minnesota Zoo took the place of our history filled day and off we went. Lots of walking and hills are very difficult for isaiah so after 2 and half hours we were ready to leave. I have to say though that this zoo was by far one of the best I have been to.
Back on the home front....poor Burrito has a tummy bug and spent the entire night throwing up and now is sporting a fever and a bad case of the runs...I am praying no on e else gts bit by the toxic bug!
Scott is stuck cleaning up puke and washing nasty laundry a job I always take care of. He will be ready to move out by the time I get back!
Thanks for the prayers.
Love you all!!

No comments: