Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WOW! that is all I can say....so much has been happening! Some good some great and some not so much...but isn't that the way life goes? We ride along this coaster of life and experience the hills and valleys of the coaster....mine seems to resemble the worlds largest...since last I posted....
Scott passed the stone after 4 days whew!
Amaris had the stomach flu. The Burrito was sick with respiratory crud. Samuel was sick with wheezies. Lij struggled with stomach issues too.
The Sunday before Thanksgiving we had church at the local high school. I don't know about anyone else but I had a blast! It was so much fun!! Then we helped make Thanksgiving baskets of food for families in the community.Thanksgiving was different this year. Different is not always a good thing but sometimes we need different in order to foster growth and this is a year of that for me...
Philip left Thanksgiving day for India he will be gone for at least 6 months if not longer....I knew we would miss him but did not realize how much a part of us he is until he never showed up for dinner on Sunday. 35 hours of travel and he finally arrived in his hotel and got some much needed sleep. We finally got to talk to him this morning. He LOVES it already. And now I am jealous India is a place I have always wanted to go...I will have to live the experience through him.
We traveled to Teen Challenge to spend Thanksgiving with Madison. An interesting experience to say the least! In some respects I am happy to report that I saw some improvements in her but she still has a long way to go. Thank God for progress, it sheds light on hope! Pray for us the week of December 19. Madison will be home for Christmas and it could be a difficult week for her.
Novembers FPNO was amazing! I have the privelege of working with the most amazing volunteers in the world and I am in love with all the children....my heart grows double in size each month I get to spend time with them!
We tried to do a fundraiser for Dropz of Hope but was not asa successful as we had hoped. We are now planning a fundraiser dinner for Dropz of Hope it will be December 13 @ Berean following the evening service....We need at LEAST $750 so please start praying!!!
This past Saturday we helped with Pastor Kevin's Drop and Shop. A vacation bible school styled day where parents could drop their children off and have 4 hours to do Christmas shopping! We had so much fun!! I am looking forward to next year!
This week is slowing down for me which is a good thing. I haven't been feeling 100% lately and need some down time.
Soon I will write about what has happened with Gramma and her home...not today.

No comments: